Wednesday 16 January 2013

New furniture for The Garden Room

It is lovely to be painting again.  I have been doing a large cupboard on chest for a really great dining room.  Painted and very distressed in Charleston Grey and the base of the large dining table the same.  The top of the table is fabulously weathered and grey.  Amazing curtain fabric with a dull turquoise and orange in it so we have done the chairs in these colours.   Great to do something different.
Lots of commission work to catch up with but just done a couple of chest of drawers for the shop.  One fabulous oak chest which I have stripped and limed.  Photo below.  Also doing a oak table the same. The Garden Room starting to look more like spring.  I have some beautiful long stems of faux magnolia, look so good.  Start doing auctions again as, even though lots of stock at the moment, can't miss that bargain!!!
I have some lovely mirrors of all shapes and sizes.
Home &Antiques have featured the workshops in their great articles on Courses for 2013.  I do love their magazine, they feature fabulous homes and you always learn something and its so great for dates and venues of antique fairs and shows.
I have another pair of hands now, hubby taken early retirement, sanding my furniture, its brilliant and saves me such alot of hard work.
Course dates now on the website and I have sorted out dates for the follow on course so do give me a call if you want to come along as be a few days before I get the cards printed and sent out.  Always a rush for these as can only take 5 of you at a time due to space.  Happy painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment