Sunday 28 July 2013

Summer and catching up

It has been so long since I posted anything on here and am feeling very guilty.  It has really been quite a year. 
Spring workshops were buzzing and having a job to fit everyone in and enjoyable as ever with some lovely new students.  Richard had done a brilliant job of putting a ceiling in the workshop and we then had new lighting fitted.  It has made such a difference to the temperature and the light.  We had a fantastic spring opening in May.  Kath, Lyn, Tina and Cathi joined us and we had loads of help from Vivienne, Elizabeth, Di, Karen and Trish, I was so grateful.  The weather wasn't brilliant but so many people turned out and bought so much and were so generous and we raised £700 to be split between St. Barnabas Hospice and Marie Curie. 
I was exhausted when we had finished but we were off for a sailing holiday in Turkey and that really re-charged my batteries and I must admit I have had several weeks off since and enjoyed this wonderful weather. 
As you probably will have seen I have a new fabulous website designed by Ade Rowbottom and photographs by his lovely wife Rachael Smith.  If you are looking to have any promotional work done do contact this talented couple.  We are so lucky to have them living so near. 
Rachael also did a photoshoot on the house before Christmas and it is in The English Home this month (September issue)  Even on the front page, can't believe it is our home!!  It is so lovely as this is one of my all time favourite magazines. 
I have also added furniture for sale from the showroom on the website now so do have a browse.
There is still some availability on the autumn painting workshops but most of the follow on days have now gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment