Thursday 9 June 2011

Newark withdrawal symptoms!!!!!

Did'nt go to Lincoln or Newark antique fairs this week so having withdrawal symptoms.  There is always that feeling that you have missed some absolutely exciting treasure.  I decided I had some rather nice things in the store which need painting for The Garden Room so would'nt go this time.  I have a great children's double desk with matching chairs to do and also a vintage high chair which will look brilliant.  Several really nice shaped tables and I think, a nice oak one which will strip and lime as I have sold the other pieces.  I think it is a fabulous look with a painted base and limed top.  Have some lovely cushions made from old french tea towels and linen which are waiting for me to put the old buttons on. 
Went over to the Herb Nursery at Thistleton this afternoon.  What a lovely calm quite place.  Super plants and herbs and just a nice place to be on a summer afternoon.
Ella is upholstering a lovely french chair for our bedroom and a curved stool.  I have chosen a faded mauve and off white check from Chelsea Textiles.  If you are not familiar with their shop in Walton Street it is well worth a visit.  Apart from exquisite embroidered fabrics and cushion the actual shop is divine with dragged panelling and aged and antique finishes.  I have some extra fabric to do some things for the shop, possibly a chair and some cushions.

No comments:

Post a Comment