Wednesday 5 December 2012

Catching Up

Hi to you all.  It has been so long since I posted anything on here.  It has been a complicated time.  We were really busy with workshops and had some absolutely lovely days.  Weather was'nt on our side and it was wet on quite a few of the days but then it was like that during the spring workshops.  We had a lovely girl called Anna Tobin who came to assess the course for Homes and Antiques magazine and we will be in the next issue under 'Courses for 2013.  So exciting I love the magazine.
Have also had the house photographed by a fabulous photographer called Rachael Smith, do look at her website, the photographs are amazing, and when she showed me them I really thought 'is this my home' Think they are going in The English Home next year, not sure when, another magazine that I think is so good.
Then it was time to get ready for the Christmas Opening and found some fabulous things.  Restocked from Thornback and Peel and gorgeous soaps from Fickkets, all british made.  The girls were ready to come with their stall so it was with such regret that I had to cancel as my Mum became very poorly and sadly died.  I am sure some of you will remember her from previous open days and also her wonderful cakes on workshop days.  I really hope no one had a wasted journey, I tried to get around everyone with phone calls, letters and emails so I do apologise if anyone was inconvenienced.
I have sorted out the shop again now so if anyone wants to pop along for some christmas shopping do give me call. If anyone is looking for an amazing christmas wreath Tina Lovesey does fabulous ones with all fresh greenery etc.  just so different.  Her number is 01778 393068.  Also if you are looking for jewellery and remember Kate's fabulous selection at the summer fair just click onto www.katiane.co.uk.  Lyn has such a great selection of fabrics, all so tempting, find her on Stamford or Newark markets or give her a call on 07961 154948.
We will do a Spring Fair so watch this space. 
I have 2 super nursing chairs covered in Cabbages and Roses fabric and also just waiting for Ella to finish off 2 french armchairs covered in a dark grey/blue linen, fabulous.
Think next year will be a busy time as I have so many pieces of furniture that I can't wait to paint.
Very best wishes for a Happy Christmas and New Year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment