Sunday 24 July 2011

Building work!!!!!

Thought things were going too well.  Today I have had a disaster on some paint mixing and spoilt a rather large tin of expensive paint and a mirror I put up yesterday fell and broke a rather nice bowl so not a very good weekend!!  The building work which has involved the Garden Room has caused rather more disruption than I thought so certainly going to have to be closed this week. 
On a nicer note have had delivered some of Kate Forman's lovely fabrics to use in the house.  In Charlotte's bedroom I have her blue roses fabric so ordered some lovely co-ordinately fabric to make some cushions for the day bed in there.  Also some or her red roses which looks great with the red and white toile I have in the hall and stairs.  I have just repainted some pretty french chairs in a black distressed finish so will have some seat pads made and looking for another chair for the landing which can be recovered in the roses.  I have my old teddy bears sitting upstairs but Hattie took a likely to Little Ted so he is in need of repair.  They are both teddy bears that my father and aunt had so quite elderly but I love them so he will have to go to hospital. Do check out http://www.kateforman.co.uk/ fabulous. 
Lynne, who has the lovely fabric stall on Stamford Market is going to make them and bringing the Cabbages and Roses sample book to have a look through.
Not sure why I have 2 pictures the same.  I will get to grips with this one day??  These are stunning lamps, lovely weather limed wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment