Sunday 3 October 2010

Welcome to my new blog/diary

ThSis is very much a new venture for me, not really knowing what a blog was so I think I will be treating it more like a diary to share with you destinations and purchases that have excited and inspired me. 
I have spent many happy hours at antique fairs for more years than I would like to record but one of the most inspiring and thrilling is the Decorative Antique and Textile Fair in Battersea Park.  It is run 3 times a year and this last week was their Autumn Fair.  It is an absolutely brilliant collection of some of the best dealers in the country and obviously the painted furniture collectors are of special interest to me.  To see the original paint finishes on some of the most fabulous furniture from France or Sweden is just so inspiring.  I find the way they display and the colours they use exciting and I can't wait to use some of the ideas for the showroom.  Information about the next fair at http://www.decorativefair.com/.  I think the trends I picked up this time were still the mix of painted furniture with limed/bleached wood and also more wood used in the lovely warm conker colours of fruitwood alongside painted pieces in wonderful old whites, greys and greenblues.  Lots o f use of antique french linen for upholstery - lot of texture.  Well worth a visit.  For more information visit my website at http://www.hestercresswell.co.uk/.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on posting your first blog entry - keep it up :-)

    ReplyDelete